Individual counties in California dictate real estate laws and zoning codes. Thus, when a Bay Area zoning dispute prevents you from developing a piece of land, you need prompt legal help.
At Fox, Shjeflo & Babu LLP, we can provide you with the legal counsel you need to navigate and conquer the complexities of zoning codes.
Each county in California differs in specific regulations for zoning. The regulations range from minimum and maximum dimension limitations, to lot coverage specifications, to unit limitations. Determining the zone classification for a given property is the first step to avoiding a dispute.
Common zoning classifications include:
- Residential zones
- Commercial/office zones
- Industrial/manufacturing zones
- Other/miscellaneous zones
- Special classifications
San Mateo lawyers helping you navigate zoning issues and real estate law
Zoning regulations are broad, constantly changing, and vary from county to county. As a result, property owners often have difficulty understanding zoning laws and the issues that arise can be challenging. At Fox, Shjeflo & Babu LLP, we frequently assist clients in San Francisco and throughout the Bay Area with the following types of zoning issues:
- Boundary disputes. A large number of boundary disputes occur when a residential property line differs from the apparent line, such as a fence or existing structure.
- Zoning variances. In some circumstances, there may be flexibility with regard to zoning regulations. Variances allow a land developer a limited exception to the standard restrictions of zoning laws.
- Environmental compliance. Developers and owners must considering sensitive environmental areas any time construction or expansion is anticipated.
- Eminent domain. The government sometimes acquires private property for roads, schools, or other public infrastructure. However, the state and federal constitutions provide that private property cannot be taken without the payment of just compensation. Normally, when the government wants to acquire property, it initiates condemnation proceedings against the owner of the property. Our experienced attorneys can represent you in these proceedings to ensure that you receive maximum compensation.
If you are a commercial land developer or represent a business that has encountered zoning issues or that has general real estate law concerns, our experienced legal team can effectively and efficiently provide you with professional representation. Our attorneys are highly qualified and fully prepared to handle the intricacies of California zoning regulations, residential real estate law and commercial sales.