If you are buying or selling a home, consulting with a knowledgeable attorney is one of the wisest decisions you can make.
Many people assume that real estate agents are capable of handling all aspects of residential transactions. However, this is not necessarily true. At Fox, Shjeflo & Babu LLP, our lawyers can provide you with sound advice on a variety of residential real estate matters.
Our residential real estate services
Whether you are dealing with a short sale, your homeowners association, an easements, or a zoning dispute, a San Mateo real estate attorney can help. Real estate transactions involve large amounts of capital. Thus, understanding how to navigate the pitfalls and traps of real estate law is essential. At Fox, Shjeflo & Babu LLP, we can help:
- Short sale acquisitions. We represent developers and landlords seeking to obtain distressed residential properties from banks. Our attorneys are skilled at reading title reports and determining what level of exposure you may have after the acquisition.
- Trusts and estates. We represent trustees or executors in estate transaction matters.
- Homeowners association issues. When a dispute arises between a homeowner and a homeowners association, our San Mateo attorneys work to resolve the matter as quickly and cost effectively as possible. Our lawyers have experience representing community associations and individuals in these types of disputes.
- Zoning disputes. At our firm, we have an in-depth understanding of the zoning regulations for the municipalities in Northern California. We frequently assist land developers in complying with zoning codes. In addition, we can help you file for a variance if a zoning issue exists with a property you own.
- Contracts. We cannot stress enough the importance of a solid contract. Our experienced attorneys craft well-written contracts that explain the obligations and responsibilities of all parties. Our aim is to prevent future litigation.