Receive Comprehensive Residential Real Estate Guidance from Our Skilled Attorneys in San Francisco
An experienced legal team looks out for your best interests when buying or selling residential property
If you are buying a home or selling a property, consulting with a knowledgeable attorney is one of the wisest decisions you can make. Many people assume that real estate agents are capable of handling all aspects of residential transactions — this is not true. A real estate agent’s job is to sell property, not to protect your interests. At Fox, Shjeflo, Hartley & Babu LLP, our lawyers can provide you with sound advice on any type of real estate matter.
Our residential real estate services
Whether you need help with short sales, problems with your homeowners association, easements or zoning disputes, a San Francisco real estate attorney can help. Since real estate transactions involve large amounts of capital, understanding how to navigate the pitfalls and traps of real estate law is essential. At Fox, Shjeflo, Hartley & Babu LLP, we can help you in the following areas:
- Short sale acquisitions: We have considerable experience in representing developers and landlords who seek to obtain distressed properties from banks. Our attorneys are skilled at reading title reports and determining what level of exposure you may have after the acquisition.
- Trusts and estates: Our firm has a great deal of experience representing trustees or executors in estate transaction matters.
- Homeowners association issues: When a dispute arises between a homeowner and a homeowners association, sometimes a San Mateo attorney is needed to resolve the matter as quickly and cost effectively as possible. Our lawyers have experience representing community associations and individuals in these types of disputes.
- Zoning disputes: At our firm, we have an in-depth understanding of the zoning regulations for the municipalities in Northern California. We frequently assist land developers in complying with zoning codes. In addition, we can help you file for a variance if a zoning issue exists with a property you own.
- Contracts: The importance of a solid contract cannot be stressed enough. A well-written contract can explain the obligations and responsibilities of all parties and prevent litigation from occurring in the future.
Helping clients with residential real estate matters since 1978
Fox, Shjeflo, Hartley & Babu LLP is proud to provide residents of Northern California with competent legal guidance. Our practice is concentrated in San Mateo County and San Francisco, but we also represent clients in the Silicon Valley, the San Francisco Peninsula and throughout Northern California. Conveniently located at the intersection of Route 92 and U.S. 101, we offer evening and weekend appointments as needed. For a complimentary consultation, contact us today at (650) 341-2900 or leave a brief message on our contact page.