San Mateo County Lawyers Providing Both Litigation and Transactional Services in Each of Our Areas of Practice
Knowledgeable legal guidance from our business, probate, civil and estate litigation attorneys
Since 1978, Fox, Shjeflo, Hartley & Babu LLP has provided our community with quality legal service in a wide array of practice areas. When you seek our legal guidance, you receive personalized, responsive support from highly qualified attorneys. And our team approach means that you benefit from the experience and knowledge of our entire legal staff as we work together to resolve your issues.
Types of cases our firm handles
For more than 35 years, our law firm has provided residents of Northern California with trusted legal advice in many areas of law that include the following:
- Bankruptcy: Our attorneys represent both debtors and creditors in proceedings under Chapters 7 and 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- Business litigation: We represent businesses in a variety of types of civil litigation, including disputes with vendors, employees, shareholders and competitors.
- Business transactions: Our Bay Area attorneys provide drafting and negotiation services for both internal and external business transactions.
- Conservatorships/guardianships: If you have an elderly or disabled loved one or a relative who is no longer able to care for a minor child, our attorneys can help you establish a conservatorship or guardianship in court.
- Construction law: We represent both property owners and contractors in contract disputes arising from construction defects and contract performance.
- Contracts: We offer drafting and negotiation services for a variety of business contracts, including employment agreements, shareholder agreements and dissolution agreements.
- Decedent’s estates: Our San Mateo County estate litigation attorneys advise executors during estate administration and represent both proponents and challengers of the estate during litigation.
- Debtor/creditor: Our attorneys help clients collect the money owed to them, including court judgments, loan payments, rents and lease payments.
- Employment and labor law: Our firm provides advice and litigation services to employers in various areas of California and federal employment law, including employment discrimination and wage and hour issues.
- Elder law and elder issues: Our attorneys prepare living trusts, powers-of-attorney and advance healthcare directives to ensure that our clients receive the proper care should they become incapacitated.
- Estate planning: Our attorneys draft comprehensive estate plans, including trusts, powers-of-attorney, advance medical directives and wills.
- Foreclosure: Our firm represents both debtors and creditors in foreclosure actions and handles issues involving the automatic stay of foreclosure proceedings created by most bankruptcy actions.
- Landlord/tenant law: Our attorneys advise and represent both property owners and tenants in various property and contract disputes.
- Mediation: We understand that a lawsuit is not always the best option for our clients. That is why we offer mediation services to allow clients to settle disputes privately without going to court.
- Probate: Our staff of estate litigation lawyers in San Mateo County advises executors during probate and offers litigation and mediation services during probate disputes.
- Real estate: Our attorneys provide counsel during real estate transactions and litigation services for real estate transaction disputes and claims against property owners.
- Trust law: We provide counsel to clients who want to establish a trust and advice and representation to trustees, beneficiaries and other third parties. Our San Mateo County estate litigation lawyers represent clients involved in various types of trust disputes.
- Trial and appellate practice: Our attorneys have experience in both civil and appellate practice. This allows us to represent our clients through all phases of civil disputes — negotiations, pre-trial litigation, trial and appeal.
Speak to an experienced San Mateo County lawyer today
Whether you are looking for business, probate, civil or estate litigation attorneys in San Mateo County, our law firm of Fox, Shjeflo, Hartley & Babu LLP offers the efficient and effective legal services you need. Our practice is concentrated in San Mateo County and San Francisco, but we also represent clients in the Silicon Valley, the San Francisco Peninsula and throughout Northern California. Conveniently located off the intersection of Route 92 and U.S. 101, we offer evening and weekend appointments as needed. Contact us today for a complimentary consultation at [ln::phone] or leave a brief message on our contact page.